It’s 2018 and there is no better way to start the year than with a challenge. This year, I want to push myself to be a better blogger, vlogger, content manager, netizen… whatever it is I do. One way I thought I could push myself is to require myself to post in every online outlet I have at least once every month. And I can achieve this by imposing a theme for every month. Let us begin with the January 2018 Word: NEW.
January 2018 Word: New
New may mean anything. A new me. A new dish I made or tried, a new habit, a new friend, a new product. Anything new. Whatever new means to me and you, in different ways, that is ok.
For clarity, though… the Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines new as follows.
Definition of NEW
- 1 : having recently come into existence : recent, modern
- 2 a (1) : having been seen, used, or known for a short time : novel
- (2) : unfamiliar
- b : being other than the former or old
- 3 : having been in a relationship or condition but a short time
- 4 a : beginning as the resumption or repetition of a previous act or thing
- b : made or become fresh
- c : relating to or being a new moon
- 5 : different from one of the same category that has existed previously
- 6 : of dissimilar origin and usually of superior quality
I will be posting blog posts, videos, tweets, photos, and anything else online that will have the theme new. I will be using the hashtag #Jan2018New.
At the end of the month, hopefully, I will not have only shared the January 2018 Word: New with you. I hope to know more about me and what new means to me and what other ways can new have meaning for me and my life. You are also invited to share with me what the word means to you.
On February, I will come back to this blog and post a summary of all my posts with the theme “NEW.”
2018 Monthly Word Challenges
Every month, I will post a word here that will guide some (not all) my posts. I will be required to post at least one relevant blog post, one video, one tweet, one IG photo, and one Facebook post about the word. The goal is to encourage me to think and post more consistently. To offer posts and thoughts that are useful and insightful.
Continue reading January 2018 Word: NEW [Blogging Challenge]